- A lot of betting areas available
- Game Type : MOBA
- Software : Riot Games
LOL Betting Overview
League of Legends (or LoL) is probably the most popular electronic sport in the world, having a player base of more than 100 million people. It is a MOBA game (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) created and published by Riot Games. It was announced for the first time in October 2008 and was released just one year later, in October 2009. Since then, the game has reached incredible heights in terms of popularity and monthly active players.
Although it may appear to be just another game to outsiders, the gaming community views League of Legends as a sport. You might compare it to Basketball or Rugby. It has professional teams, coaches, commentators, competitions that are played in gigantic arenas in front of tens of thousands of people and are streamed live to many others, with prize pools of hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars. Last year’s World Championship had 43 million unique viewers and a total prize pool of over 6 million USD.
Like other MOBAs, League of Legends is far from easy to learn, having hundreds of notions and mechanics that need to be assimilated in order to be understood even at its most basic level. However, its ingenious design makes it extremely addictive once you develop a bit of skill, so the game is likely to be around for many years to come.
LOL Betting Sites
The betting websites listed above are trustworthy and offer good bonuses for first time deposits. They also give you a variety of matches and tournaments to bet on, according to what is currently happening on the professional League of Legends scene.
How it is played?
League of Legends is a real-time strategy game that uses a lot of RPG elements and is played in a 5 vs 5 format. Two teams, Red and Blue, pick champions (one champion per player, out of a pool of more than 130 possibilities) at the beginning of each game, and then fight each other on a two-sided map in an attempt to destroy the other team’s Nexus (which is the main building inside a team’s base).
Each champion has a unique set of abilities (some that can be activated and others that are passive), and grows in an RPG-like manner. When you kill enemy creatures or champions, destroy enemy buildings and so on, you gain gold and experience. The gold can be used to buy items and the experience helps you to level up. At each level, your champion becomes stronger and gains one skill point that can be spent on any of his available abilities.
Each team splits its efforts and resources in order to protect (or attack) three separate lanes, each being defended by friendly turrets and creatures and leading to the base.
League of Legends has several characteristics which make it different from other MOBAs such as Dota 2.
- Inhibitor structures (the equivalent of Dota 2 barracks) reappear, and they do so just 5 minutes after being destroyed. This basically means that if you can hold your base for 5 minutes after losing a lane inhibitor, your structural disadvantage caused by this loss will disappear (at least until you lose that inhibitor again).
- Champions can teleport back to their fountain whenever they want, using the Recall ability, as long as they don’t take damage during the channeling process associated with it. This process lasts for 8 seconds.
- Abilities such as Teleport (which allows a champion to quickly travel from one location to a friendly turret, minion or ward, anywhere on the map) are called summoner spells, have very long cooldowns and are only available if you select them at the start of a game, out of a set of 12 possibilities. Each champion can have two summoner spells.
League of Legends tournaments that are taking place at the moment or are about to start within a few weeks:
- League of Legends NA summer promotion tournament
- League of Legends Championship Series Spring
- League of Legends Pro League Spring
- League of Legends Champions Korea Spring
- League of Legends Master Series Spring
- League of Legends Japan League
- League of Legends Oceanic Pro League
- League of Legends 2017 ESL Meisterschaft Spring
- CBLOL (The Brasilian Circuit of League of Legends)
- League of Legends Latin America South Opening Cup Playoffs
- League of Legends Superliga Orange 2017
- League of Legends MSI (The 2017 Mid-Season Invitational)
- League of Legends Challengers Korea Spring Playoffs
- Latin America North Opening Cup Playoffs 2017
- Garena Premier League Spring
These tournaments vary in importance, duration, prize pool and the rank of the teams participating in them. They are usually covered on the big eSports and League of Legends websites. It’s also possible to bet on their matches on the betting websites listed above.
Factors for gambling success
Becoming a successful League of Legends bettor requires you to have a good understanding of the game itself. You can gain this understanding by playing and studying the game. Just like with everything else, practice makes you better.
If you don’t understand the game, it’s hard to make sense of what you are seeing when you’re watching professional competitions. Which makes it difficult or even impossible to become familiar with the pro scene, watch the big tournaments and assess the current form of each team.
When you know the game well, you can study the players who belong to a team and become knowledgeable about their level of skill. This kind of knowledge will prove invaluable when trying to figure out who has the better chance of winning a match, who will most likely lose and what are the odds of a certain team beating another.
Gambling Types Available
Betting on League of Legends is similar to betting on any other sport. It requires real money and can done on websites like betway.com or bet365.com. You bet on the result of a match or an entire tournament, and if you win you get a certain amount of money back, relative to how much you betted and the odds associated to the team you betted on.
Betting websites also have bets on special in-game events such as the team who takes First Blood, the team who destroys the first Turret and so on. So, if you’re extremely knowledgeable about the game and the teams involved in a particular match, and think you can predict even the little things, you can certainly bet money on your intuition.
How to get a gambling edge
If you want to get a gambling edge when betting on League of Legends matches and tournaments you can do one or more of the following things:
- Gather statistics for every one of the best 50-100 teams and then for all the players in those teams. Find out win rates, gpm (gold gained per minute), xpm (experience gained per minute), KDA (Kills-Deaths-Assists ratio) and so on.
- Do a research on the results of past encounters between the two teams playing in the match you are about to bet on. I many cases, this will give you a pretty good idea about who has a better chance of winning. Since the teams who are at the top face each other quite often in tournaments, there is usually enough recent and relevant data to analyze and draw conclusions upon.
- Find successful bettors and ask them for tips. You may have to pay for their knowledge, but as long as you’re making off it, it is all worth it.
- Immortals Take Down CLG to Keep Playoff Dreams Alive
- New Chromas
- Champion and Skin Sale
- First Blood Stats