- New Game
- Game Type :
- Software :
HearthStone Betting Overview
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is perhaps the newest addition of the online card games that shows a lot of promise in terms of growth and rewarding viewers with entertainment and players with cash. The game shares some concept with other collectible card games and has been developed by Blizzard. Read on to find out more about the game, the important in-game features and how you can earn money as a fan/player from it.
HearthStone Betting Sites
All of these betting websites give you nice bonuses for first time deposits. They also offer a variety of matches and tournaments to bet on, according to what is going on at the moment on the professional Hearthstone scene.
What is Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft?
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is one of the free-to-play eSports games developed by Blizzard Entertainment. The game was first launched in the game series Warcraft on March 11, 2014, and has since risen in popularity to become one of the most sought after Collectible Card Game in 2017. Unlike the other CCG games, where you play as a team, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft revolves around turn-based matches between two opponents. As a player, you are required to choose from the different game modes, which vary in terms of the game experience they have to offer!
The game can easily be seen as an addition to single decisions, which you will be making on your own. You are required to make better decisions, which will consequently help you beat your opponent. But how does one make better decisions? Is there a cheat code? Are there bots that can help one increase their chance of winning?
Of course, there are plenty of bots that you can use to win the game, despite being banned by Blizzard. However, even before you can start using the bots, there are a few resources that you need to master before you can effectively use the bots. This includes the following:
- The Game’s Board: This is a general word used to describe the gaming interface. The board holds your hero, your weapons, your deck as well as the opponent that you’ll be facing. Understanding it well and how to navigate through it will give you easy time and also increase your chances of winning
- Life: In Hearthstone, your life is referred to as Hitpoints. It’s located at the bottom left corner of the screen as blue crystals, and each time it turns red, it implies that you’ve lost some life
- Cards: The cards are the basics for the game and are split into spells, minions and weapon cards. On the board, they are located at the bottom centre of the screen
- Hand cards: This are the cards that you have in hand, and it’s important that you frequently count the number of cards that you have as well as checking how many your opponent has.
- Deck cards: This are the cards that are available in your deck and only become hand cards once you’ve drawn them.
- Mana: Once every turn, you’ll be awarded an extra mana crystal. It’s a resource that essential when it comes to transferring your hand cards to board cards. How successful your game turn out to greatly depend on the mana you save during a match
- Minions: They will always remain on the table after you start playing. They only leave after they’ve been destroyed or forced off the table by a spell. When they enter play, they may not attack during the first round, but you can use them to launch attacks later in the game.
During gameplay, you can easily use any minion to attack any legal target, including the enemy hero as well as other minions. Not unless the enemy’s minion has the Taunt Ability, they cannot block an attack.
- Spells: In Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, spells simply refer to cards which can easily change the state of play, heal wounds, buff the minions and inflict damage to the opponent. Some spells have the power of targeting single targets, while others can easily target multiple Heroes or Minions.
In the game, always use the Spells to directly cause some damage to your opponents’ minions, or boost your own minions. If you take a hit from your opponent, use them to heal yourself.
There are plenty of other resources that you’ll need to use as you progress further up the ladder, but the ones listed above are the ones that you’ll frequently come across.
So how do you play Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft?
At its core, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is an easy to understand and play game. Your main objective is to equip your Hero with 30 cards, which should enable you to annihilate your opponent’s Hero by reducing his life to zero. These 30 cards can easily be accumulated through the game’s free tutorial where you are offered a Hero, Mage Jaina Proudmoore, and few basic cards. Using these two, you can play and earn more cards.
However, before we can go into details on how to play the game, we need to look at the different conditions that you need to satisfy in order to play the game at the competitive level. Failure to satisfy them, you’ll only be able to play the game through your mobile device, for fun.
Important conditions to satisfy as a Hearthstone eSports Player
Location: As of November 2, 2016, to participate in any competitive game, you have to be a resident in any of the following countries; United States, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Uruguay and Venezuela
Account: if you’ve satisfied the above condition, it’s a must that you have a full Battle.net account. The account has to include your email address. Note that a Battle.net light account isn’t enough for one to participate in any competition
Minimum Age Requirement: The legal age for all Hearthstone players is set at 13 years. If you cheat and get caught, your account will be closed immediately without any consideration.
Gambling & Betting: Gambling and Betting on the outcome of the game is prohibited to competitive players. However, viewers and other casual players can easily bet on the outcome of the game at their own discretion
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Gameplay
If you qualify in the listed qualifications, you can now take your console and start playing the game.
The player to take the first position during gameplay is determined by tossing a coin, while the other player automatically assumes the 2nd position. After this, cards are awarded. The first player will be awarded three cards, while the opponent will start with four cards.
The next step is previewing the first draw, after which you can choose to return one or all of your cards to your deck and choose a random placement. There’s no penalty for this action. You can easily place cards from your hands once your turn reaches without incurring any extra costs. However, the value depends on the available charge in your Mana Crystals, and the maximum is 10 Mana Crystals.
On the other, your opponent will receive a special card when they start playing, which is usually referred to as ‘The Coin’. This card can be used to grant them one extra full Mana Crystal until the end of the turn.
During your turn, you can now play any of the cards that you have accumulated. Some of the action includes casting spells, equipping weapons, summoning minions. It’s important to remember that all these actions use some Mana and if you don’t have enough, you’ll be limited.
To reduce the life of your opponent, you can easily command your minions to attack the opponents’ minions, to use your hero’s Hero Power or even use your hero to launch direct attacks provided you have the necessary weapons. You can tell the cards, minions and hero power that you can use by looking at those appear with a bright green lustre
There are different victory conditions in this game. They are as follows:
- If your opponents’ life reaches zero before yours, he automatically loses during which the avatar explodes. Also, if you see your opponent’s hero turn into Lord Jaraxxus, you can use the Sacrificial Pact Card to destroy him and win
- If you sense defeat, you can always leave the game or concede to defeat to give your opponent a win. The same applies to your opponent
- If your Hero and that of your opponent reach zero at the same time, then a tie is announced.
How does Hearthstone differ from the other eSports card games?
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a unique game and differs from the other card games significantly. First, it supports different game modes including the Practice Mode where you can practice the game for free; the Arena mode where you challenge other Arena players but after forging a deck of cards from a random selection of cards and the Adventure mode where you challenge different bosses using unique powers and special cards.
Lastly, unlike the other eSports card games which use a trading card system, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft allows you to ‘disenchant’ the unwanted cards into ‘arcane dust’. You can easily use this Dust to craft new cards which will suit your gameplay.
Despite having its focus on a fast gameplay and accessibility, there are plenty of Hearthstone tournaments being hosted across different parts of the world, including those that are hosted by ESL and MLG. However, the prominent tournaments are the ‘Hearthstone World Championship’ and the ‘Trinity Series’ which give players from different parts of the world to compete in different Global finals.
Hearthstone World Championship
This is ‘Official’ Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft competition in which 16 best players from different parts of the world come to battle out and show their might. The team of 16 players consists of four different groups, who have been selected through regional qualifiers and championships before reaching the Hearthstone World Championship. At the tournament, the top the players will divide the €1million top prize, with the #1 receiving €250,000, the #2 receiving €150,000 and the #3 receiving €100,000.
ESL Trinity Series is one of the new tournaments in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. For fans, the ESL Trinity Series has grown to become one of the most entertaining tournaments online. For players, this competition has proven to be the best in terms of rewards, and the result is it seems to attract more and more players.
The tournament takes Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and comes up with weekly team competitions where players battle to scoop the most points over an epic of 11 series. The player (or team since one player is guided with his teammates through headphone) with the most points at the end of it wins the top prize. If you wish to find out more about this event and watch as the action unfolds, switch to ESL’s Hearthstone Twitch channel every Wednesday and Thursday at 7 PM CET.
HearthStone Betting Options
Since Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is relatively new to the eSports betting, the markets that you can cheat from tend to be limited to the outright winner of the tournament. However, there are rare occasions in which a bookie might decide to offer individual matches, in which you can choose a win or a draw.