DOTA 2 Features
- Lots of betting oppurtunities
DOTA 2 Basics
- Game Type :
- Software :
DOTA 2 Betting Overview
Dota 2 is a very popular electronic sport that is quickly becoming a global phenomenon. It is a free-to-play MOBA game (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) created and published by the same company which owns the Steam platform, namely Valve Corporation. Its development began in 2009 and it was released in July 2013. Since then, the game has grown tremendously in popularity and at the moment has more than 12 million players worldwide. Dota 2 betting similarly has sprung up amongst these players to create a thriving community of savvy players.
Although some may see it as being just a game, however Dota 2 is becoming more and more a sport. You might compare it to Football or Hockey. It has hundreds of professional teams, coaches, commentators, tournaments that are played in huge arenas in front of tens of thousands of people and are streamed live to many others, with prize pools of hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars. Last year’s The International (basically an annual world championship of Dota 2) had a prize pool of more than 20 million dollars.
Dota 2 is not exactly easy to learn, having hundreds of notions and mechanics that need to be assimilated in order to be understood even at its most basic level. However, it is well made and very addictive, and is definitely here to stay.
DOTA 2 Betting Sites
All of these betting websites offer good bonuses for first time deposits. They also offer a variety of matches and tournaments to bet on, according to what is going on at the moment on the professional Dota 2 scene.
How it is played?
Dota 2 is a real-time strategy game that uses many RPG elements and is played in a 5 vs 5 format. Two teams, named The Radiant and The Dire, pick heroes (one hero per player, out of a pool of more than 110 possibilities) at the beginning of each game, and then fight each other on a two-sided map in an attempt to destroy the other team’s Ancient (which is the main building inside a team’s base).
Every hero has four talents (which are unlocked at level 10, 15, 20 and 25) and a unique set of four or more abilities (some that can be activated and others that are passive), and grows in an RPG-like manner. When you kill enemy creatures or heroes, destroy enemy buildings and so on, you gain gold and experience. The gold can be used to buy items and the experience helps you to level up. At each level, your hero becomes stronger and gains one skill point that can be spent on any of his available talents and abilities.
Each team splits its efforts and resources in order to protect (or attack) three separate lanes, each being defended by friendly towers and creatures and leading to the base.
MOBA games have a great deal in common, but they also have their differences. And unlike other MOBAs such as League of Legends, Dota 2 has a series of elements that make it more complex and dynamic.
- Fortifying buildings and making them immune to damage for 5 seconds. This can be achieved using the Glyph ability (which has a 5-minute cooldown) available to each team.
- Teleporting next to friendly units and structures, using items like Boots of Travel and Town Portal Scroll. This makes the game more dynamic, as it is possible for allies to relocate more easily on the map and come to each other’s aid.
- Buying back after dying, and rejoining the fight. If you get caught out of position and die in a key situation, you can use this option (which has a 7-minute cooldown) to respawn right away in exchange for a certain amount of gold. In many cases, this means that you won’t lose the game just because of one mistake.
Dota 2 tournaments that are taking place at the moment or are about to start within a week:
- Dota 2 Asia Championships 2017:
This is a very important competition that brings together 12 of the very best teams in the world. It starts on the 28th of March and ends on the 4th of April and has a prize pool of $500.000, with the winner taking home $200.000. Among the teams participating in the event are Evil Geniuses, OG, Team Liquid, Newbee and Wings Gaming.
- ProDota Cup:
This competition brings together tier two teams and has a modest prize pool of around $4.500. It helps these teams train and try out their strategies against opponents of similar strength, in a tournament format.
- Dota 2 Professional League:
This is a competition designed for Chinese teams. It has two leagues, a total prize pool of ~$87.000 (5/6 of it reserved for the first league and 1/6 for the second) and brings together 26 teams.
- Dota 2 Champions League:
This is another competition with a small prize pool ($5.000) and it brings together European teams who want to test out their strength against other rosters from the region.
Factors for gambling success
Becoming a successful Dota 2 bettor requires you to:
- Have a good understanding of the game itself. You can gain this understanding by playing and studying the game. Just like with everything else, practice does makes you better. This understanding is important because without it, it’s hard to make sense of what you are seeing when you’re watching professional competitions. Which makes it difficult or even impossible to fulfill the second condition.
- Become familiar with the pro scene, watch the big tournaments and try to assess the current form of each team. Study the players who belong to a team and become knowledgeable about their MMR (Matchmaking Rating) and level of skill. This kind of knowledge will serve you well when trying to figure out who’s the real favorite, who’s the underdog and what are the odds of a certain team beating another.
Gambling Types Available
In relation to Dota 2 there are two main ways of gambling:
- The first involves in-game sets or various other items that you own. You can bet such items on the result of a professional game and if you win, you get a reward consisting in items of the same value as the ones you gambled with.
- The second way of gambling involves real money and can done on betting websites like betway.com or bet365.com. This way of gambling is similar the one used for other sports such as Football. You bet on the result of a match or an entire tournament, and if you win you get a certain amount of money back, relative to how much you betted and the odds associated to the team you betted on.
How to get a gambling edge
If you want to get a gambling edge when betting on Dota 2 matches and tournaments you can do one or more of the following things:
- Do a research on the results of past encounters between the two teams playing in the match you are about to bet on. I many cases, this will give you a pretty good idea about who has a better chance of winning.
- Gather statistics for every one of the best 10-20 teams in each region, and then for all the players in those teams. Find out win rates, gpm (gold gained per minute), xpm (experience gained per minute), KDA (Kills-Deaths-Assists ratio) and so on. A valuable website for putting together such statistics is dotabuff.com.
- Find a successful bettor and ask him for tips. You may have to pay for his knowledge, but as long as you’re making successful bets, it is all worth it.
- Ad Finem gets bought by PENTA Sports
- Mineski forms a new roster under Mushi’s command
- The 7.04 patch update